LAST UPDATED: December 11, 2018
“Personal information” refers to any information that you submit to us that identifies you personally. LeveragePoint collects personal information you share with us when using our tool or program. We use this personal information to provide you with login-in access to our tool and program, to improve the relevance of our communication, and to enhance the quality of our tool. This personal information includes your name and email address, which may potentially include your company name. When you use our website, the information we collect from you may include your name, email address, phone number, company, and IP address.
- What Does LeveragePoint Do?
- What Information Does LeveragePoint Collect From Me?
- What Does LeveragePoint Do With the Information It Collects?
- Does LeveragePoint Track My Activity Across Other Websites?
- Can I Choose To Stop Receiving Marketing Messages?
- Can I Choose To Have You Delete My Personal Information?
- Can Children Use the LeveragePoint Tool, Website or Program?
- What If I Live Outside of the United States?
- What If I Follow a Link to a Third-Party Website?
- How Does LeveragePoint Protect My Information?
- How Do I Contact LeveragePoint?
WHAT DOES LEVERAGEPOINT DO?
We offer a software-as-a-service online solution tool that aligns product, pricing, marketing, sales enablement and sales teams around creating, communicating and capturing value. Our tool allows these teams to collaborate internally around building a value-based strategy then publish a customer-facing, dynamic, value proposition that clearly communicates the value of their offering in the first customer meeting. In addition, we offer one customer a legacy online marketing program that we sublicense.
WHAT INFORMATION DOES LEVERAGEPOINT COLLECT FROM ME?
LeveragePoint collects certain information from you when you share that information with us in order to become a user of our tool or program and when you use our website.
- When you use the tool:When the company you work for sets you up as a user on our tool, we ask for and collect personal information such as your name and email address, which may possibly include your company name. In addition, we automatically collect your IP address.If you have a question about our tool and submit it through an email to TechSupport@LeveragePoint.com, we use your email address and name to populate the customer support ticket which puts you in our queue to assist you.If you have a question about our tool and click on the customer support box while in the tool, we ask you for your name and email address.
- When you visit our website:When you visit our website and request a download of content, subscribe to our blog or newsletter, register for a webinar, request a demo from us, or fill out a “Contact Us” form, we ask for and collect personal information from you such as your name, email, phone number, and company. In addition, we automatically collect your IP address.
- When you use the program:When the company you work for allows you to become a user of our program, we ask for and collect personal information such as your name and email address, which usually includes your company name. In addition, we automatically collect your IP address.
- Analytics Information:We may also collect certain types of non-personal information whenever you visit our tool, website, or program. By “Site Visit Information” we mean information that does not identify you personally, such as your device information, browser information, and general geographic information. This information helps us operate our website, our tool, our program and provide other services, including technical support.Our tool has tool-specific analytics built into it which generate usage reports for customer management and LeveragePoint management. Each customer account has a setting that can restrict usage report generation to only groups bigger than a given size. We also use Google Analytics for understanding user behavior in the tool; the analytics data captured includes company name, user demographics, page views, and events.Our program has program-specific analytics built into it which generate usage reports for LeveragePoint management and upon request, for customer management.
LeveragePoint has partnered with select analytics partners, including Google Analytics, (“Analytics Partners”) to collect information about how our website is used. Our Analytics Partners may collect information about how many times you visit our website, what you visit when you explore our website, what parts of our website you access, and what other sites you visit before and after visiting our website.
You can learn more about cookies and our Analytics Partners by clicking here.
WHAT DOES LEVERAGEPOINT DO WITH THE INFORMATION IT COLLECTS?
We do not sell or lease information you share with us to third-parties. You should read this section carefully to learn more about what we do with the information you share with us.
We use the information we collect from you in the LeveragePoint tool to:
- Set you up as a user of our tool;
- Assist you with questions arising from your use of our tool;
- Log your tool activity for potential technical support or for archive retrieval;
- Notify you of actions in the tool such as a password reset;
- Provide you with notification of collaboration between users in the tool; and
- Improve the quality and functionality of our tool.
We use the information we collect from you in the LeveragePoint website to:
- Include you in our database in order to provide you with marketing communications about blogs, webinars or other opportunities sponsored by us;
- Provide you with downloads of information you have requested from our website;
- Contact you as requested by you at our website; and
- Improve the quality and functionality of our website.
We use the information we collect from you in the LeveragePoint program to:
- Set you up as a user of our program;
- Assist you with questions arising from your use of our program;
- Log your program activity for potential technical support or for archive retrieval;
- Notify you of actions in the program such as a password reset; and
- Notify you that it is time to renew, as a user.
We also use non-personal information (site visit information and related analytics) to improve the quality and functionality or our website and our tool, to provide the customer administrators of our tool with usage reports, to provide the customer of our program with usage reports upon request, and to generate reports to monitor customer usage.
Legal and law enforcement requests:
LeveragePoint may also disclose, at our sole discretion, your personal or site visit information as required by law, or to comply with a legally binding request—like a subpoena, warrant, or similar legally enforceable requests for information.
“Cookies” are electronic files many websites place on a visitor’s computer to store information that makes each visit to a respective site more efficient. We use both “session” and “persistent” cookies on our tool, website, and program. A session cookie stores information about you only while you are visiting our tool, website, or program, and is then deleted when you leave our tool, website, or program. Persistent cookies store information about you, your preferences, and information about other websites you visit, and it remains on your computer or device after you leave our tool, website, or program. To remove cookies, you may configure your browser to clear all cookies, or configure it to reject cookies whenever you visit a new website. Please consult your browser’s user guide for specific instructions on removing cookies. If you choose to decline cookies, you might not be able to fully experience the interactive features of our website. Please note: You will not be able to use our tool or program if you decline cookies, because you cannot login to our tool or program without cookies.
“Beacons” are small graphic files with a unique identifier that are used to track a web or mobile site user’s online movements. Unlike cookies, beacons are embedded on websites, not downloaded on your computer or device. LeveragePoint uses beacons to better manage content on our website and to improve the use and efficiency of our tool.
As we discussed above, LeveragePoint works with our Analytics Partners to improve the quality of our website, and to give you access to more relevant information. Our Analytics Partners may use session and persistent cookies, tracking beacons or other monitoring technologies. You can learn more about cookies and our Analytics Partners by clicking here.
DOES LEVERAGEPOINT TRACK MY ACTIVITY ACROSS OTHER WEBSITES?
CAN I CHOOSE TO STOP RECEIVING MARKETING MESSAGES FROM LEVERAGEPOINT?
We may send you newsletters and other messages, including marketing emails, about exciting developments with our business, and to alert you to webinars, blogs, and whitepapers. You can always choose to stop receiving communications from us by clicking the “Unsubscribe” or “Update Subscription Preferences” link at the bottom of a LeveragePoint marketing email.
CAN I CHOOSE TO HAVE YOU DELETE MY PERSONAL INFORMATION?
We retain personal information that you provide us as long as we consider it potentially useful in contacting you about the tool or program, or as needed to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes and enforce our agreements, and then we securely delete the information in accordance with the customer subscription agreement. LeveragePoint will delete your personal information from the servers at an earlier date if you so request by contacting us at Privacy@LeveragePoint.com. Please be aware that if you ask us to delete your personal information, you might not have access to our tool or program.
CAN CHILDREN USE LEVERAGEPOINT’S TOOL, WEBSITE, OR PROGRAM?
Our tool, our website, and our program are not directed at children under 13, and we do not knowingly collect personal or other information from children under 13. Simply put, we do not want children users under the age of 13 to use our website, to create a user account for our tool or program, or to perform any other type of activity related to our tool, website, or program. If you are the parent of a child under the age of 13, and you believe he or she has shared information with LeveragePoint, please contact us at Privacy@LeveragePoint.com so we can remove their information from our systems.
WHAT IF I LIVE OUTSIDE THE UNITED STATES?
LeveragePoint is a global company, based in the United States, and our tool, website, and program are hosted in the United States. If you are visiting our website from another country, the laws governing our website’s collection and use of personal information may be different from the laws of your country.
We participate in the EU-US Privacy Shield and Swiss-US Privacy Shield frameworks. Please see our Privacy Shield Statement by clicking here.
WHAT IF I FOLLOW A LINK TO A THIRD-PARTY WEBSITE?
LeveragePoint’s tool, website, and program may contain links to third-party websites. Those websites are governed by their own privacy and data use practices and policies. We do not have control over the privacy practices of the advertisers or other third-parties operating these websites, and we have no control over how these third-parties collect or use the information you chose to share with them if you click on third-party links.
HOW DOES LEVERAGEPOINT PROTECT MY INFORMATION?
We take the security of your personal information very seriously. We use reasonable administrative, physical, and technical safeguards to secure the personal information you share with us. As part of our security practices, LeveragePoint undergoes an annual SOC 2 Type II audit for certification by a third-party audit firm under standards set by the Association of International Certified Professional Accountants (AICPA). Despite our safeguards and our additional efforts to secure your information, LeveragePoint cannot promise or guarantee that hackers, cybercriminals, or other unauthorized third-parties will not be able to defeat our security, and improperly collect, access, steal, or modify your personal information.
HOW DO I CONTACT LEVERAGEPOINT?